My Fort Knox - Part 1

If there ever was a question that requires constant self-examination, this one is it:

"What should be your priorities today, Lynda?"

I read Matthew 6:21 this morning, and while the context has to do with our attitude toward material things, the verse can be applied to everything else in life, everything and anything that might be "treasure."

Matthew writes: "For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also" (Matthew 6:21).

What, or who, do I treasure most? What, or who, receives the majority of my attention and effort? What am I most anxious to obtain? Who am I most anxious to please?

The context of this verse carries a warning label. This passage is part of the famous Sermon on the Mount. Jesus tells His listeners to examine the durability of their treasures and to make a priority of those things that have eternal value.

It's a good criteria by which to measure all the activities of today: "Does _____________ have eternal value?" And then to ask myself if I am willing to give priority today to that which might not bring me satisfaction until eternity.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Staying Put and Moving On

The Case of the Pilfering Peacock

Worry Walks Alone