Mantra for the Soul

Last night I spoke on the phone with a friend. She is one of several people I know here in Venezuela who are seriously depressed. The situation in the country in not encouraging, and there is plenty to get depressed about. I prayed that God would give me a word of encouragement for her, and for others. And, ever faithful, He sent this along this morning:

"The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in him" —Nahum 1:7.

It's easy to become overwhelmed by circumstances and not so easy to give those circumstances to God and leave them for Him to work out according to His will. Our tendency is to snatch our concerns out of His hand and continue to worry over them. These are moments when Nahum's words need to become like a mantra, repeated over and over until their truth replaces the anxiety of our souls.

I pray that will be true for my friend, and for you, today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Staying Put and Moving On

The Case of the Pilfering Peacock

Worry Walks Alone