Kodak Moments

Google Images
"He did this so that all the peoples of the earth might know that the hand of the Lord is powerful and so that you might always fear the Lord your God" (Joshua 4:24, NIV).

The context?

After the Israelites crossed over the Jordan and stepped into the land God had promised to give them, they were instructed to build a memorial made of stones taken from the river. The memorial was to be a permanent reminder of how God's hand had worked to bring them to this point in their history.

As I looked at this phrase, I wondered what life would be like if every "happening" was viewed as a "God did this to show me Who He is" moment.

Life becomes a series a photographs that tell His story as it relates to our lives. We open the album (or the file on our computer) and "show and tell." We say, "this was when God…"

A week ago I had the opportunity to tell my story, the condensed version, to a friend. As I answered her questions I realized again how many times the imprint of God has been seen in the events of my life.

Those "Kodak moments" in life combine to form an impressive memorial to the past and a powerful promise for the future.

Comments

  1. Love this. Kodak moments:) This is when God helped me get through this...and then this... Awesome Thursday thoughts, Lynda. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! My hubby and I have started writing down our "Kodak" moments so our children and children's children will have an account of His awesome ways and dealings with us! LOVE this Lynda! thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're going to be able to share some amazing photo albums in eternity, Lynda!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Staying Put and Moving On

The Case of the Pilfering Peacock

Worry Walks Alone