Looking in the Right Direction

I think I used to be able to multitask. Either I was deceiving myself or, with the passage of time, I've lost some of the knack. Now, with two diverse ministries, both having within them other diverse ministries, I am finding keeping all the "balls" in my head much less in the air, is not easy.

As I was reading the Scriptures this morning a phrase popped out of one of the psalms. David writes: "But my eyes are fixed on you, O sovereign Lord; in you I take refuge…" —Psalm 141:8, NIV. Although David is definitely not talking about multitasking, the phrase seems appropriate to my dilemma.

In the midst of so many things to do, thoughts, ideas, tasks on hold, it's easy to get lost in the "trees" and not focus on the "forest" as the saying goes. David's thought reminds me that if I keep my eyes on the Lord, the SOVEREIGN Lord, he'll make sure that I get done what he wants done. The rest may not happen, but unless it contributes to his redemptive plan in my life or in the lives of others, it really isn't all that valuable anyway.

We used to say that when we gave 10% of our money to the Lord "off the top," then we could be sure that the other 90% would meet all our needs. I believe the same is true for time. When we give God a tithe of our time to focus on him, to fix our eyes on him, the rest of our time will stretch to fit the tasks that need to be taken care of.

Our God is, after all, sovereign. To him time is not an issue because he is its' Master.

Comments

  1. I love the idea of tithing your time - and of keeping our eyes on Him to get "it all" done. Great stuff, Lynda.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Countdown

With Hands Lifted Up

That Godly Glow