Party or Prayer


Reading: Revelation 15, 16

My touch causes sparks to fly. I touched my phone last night to answer a call and the spark was great enough to temporarily cut off the call and turn the display black.

I would like to be able to say that I have some special power in my touch. But alas, the sparks only fly from my fingertips because it is so dry in the apartment now that winter has set in.

But there is One whose touch carries with it the power of salvation, righteousness and judgment. Truth is, He only has to speak and the power of that Word is irresistible.

Great and marvelous are your deeds, Lord God Almighty. Just and true are your ways, King of the ages. Who will not fear you, O Lord, and bring glory to your name? For you alone are holy. All nations will come and worship before you, for your righteous acts have been revealed” (Revelation 15:3, 4, NIV).

This section of Revelation describes the judgments of God, a solemn reminder to not ignore the voice of the Lord when He speaks and before He must take corrective measures.

But just look at the descriptive words in this brief passage:

·      Great
·      Marvelous
·      Almighty
·      Just
·      True
·      King
·      Holy
·      Righteous

And then the words, by implication, that also describe Him:

·      Fearsome
·      Full of glory
·      Worthy of worship

When sparks fly when I touch things, the only response is for me to go out and buy a humidifier. I have no real power. As we come to the end of another year and anticipate the coming of new one, fraught with all kinds of challenges and possibilities, it seems a good time to look to the One who has the real power. It seems a good to time to stop and worship, to start 2012 the way we mean to carry it on—at His feet.

How will you begin this New Year?

Comments

  1. Yes! I loved that reminder of our power compared to God's. I'll think of it as I get sparked several times a day. (Definitely time for the humidifier! LOL)

    What a great, GREAT God we serve! Where better to be than at His feet?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great analogy! That spark is NOTHING compared to His power.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you are one fiery lady! Just kidding, but truly, that is a great analogy. Thanks for the reminder to start our New Year focused on and connected to our power source!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Staying Put and Moving On

The Case of the Pilfering Peacock

Worry Walks Alone