Love Was When…

I couldn't get the song out of my head, even though most of the words escaped me.

"Love was when God became a man…"

Somehow those few words perfectly illustrated today's verse from 1 Peter 4:8.

"Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers a multitude of sins."

I had a very sinful day yesterday. Stress levels were running high drowning faith as each wave passed. Patience was as thin as tissue paper and I allowed my temper to control me. As I came back to the Lord for forgiveness I was overwhelmed again with that love that covers all my sin.

In gratitude I pray that today will be a better one, that I will not grieve Him as I did yesterday, and that my love for Him will deepen, carrying away in its wake the temptation to give in to fear and anxiety.

His love, demonstrated in that act of taking on "skin" on my behalf, does indeed cover a multitude of sin.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Staying Put and Moving On

The Case of the Pilfering Peacock

Worry Walks Alone