A Gentle Reminder

I just signed a contract to publish the English version of my book, Diseño Divino (Divine Design). Celebrating is in order. None of this would have happened if God hadn't been in the project from start to finish. But just in case I am tempted to forget that, today's verses are a gentle reminder.

"Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others" —Philippians 2:3, 4.

In the midst of working on the Spanish version, there was little time for anything else. When I get back to Caracas the whole business of marketing this book will consume a lot of time. Now I will work through the same process with the English version. My challenge will be to remember that while all that is important it can't take precedence over spiritual interests that concern others. The book is part of that but only a part. My mission is not peddling the book, my mission is ministry to others whether or not that ministry includes the book.

I will celebrate because the reason for the celebration is a "God-thing" and I am allowed to look after my "own interests." But, with God's prompting ever present, I will not forget the needs of others.

Comments

  1. SOOO excited about what God is doing through you and this book. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Staying Put and Moving On

The Case of the Pilfering Peacock

Worry Walks Alone