Life to the Max


As Moses concludes his instructions to the Israelites on the eve of their entrance into the promised land he presents this challenge to the people:

"This day I call heaven and earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live and that you may love the Lord you God, listen to his voice, and hold fast to him. For the Lord is your life…" (Deuteronomy 30:19, 20, NIV).

Who would choose death? The truth is that many do. Even many believers never fully experience the life that only He can give because they refuse to follow Him wholeheartedly. A half a life might be better than no life at all but why drag a ball and chain behind you when you can be truly free?

 Choose life, then embrace it to the maximum (30:15, 16).

Comments

  1. Yes!There are countless ways I'm learning to choose LIFE- what I eat, if I exercise, what I do with my time- all these daily choices lead me either into His abundant life for me or drag me down into "fake" life with no real substance. Thank you Lynda for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Staying Put and Moving On

The Case of the Pilfering Peacock

Worry Walks Alone