Much Better Than Oil of Olay

Google Image
"When Moses came down from Mount Sinai with the two tablets of the Testimony in his hands, he was not aware that his face was radiant because he had spoken with the Lord" (Exodus 34:29, NIV).

I'm pea-green with envy. I don't think there has ever been a time in my life when people couldn't look at my face because the presence of God was reflected on it.

I wish. I want. I desire. I covet.

Moses had spoken with God. My speaking with God leaves a lot to be desired. I get sidetracked, distracted. I don't approach Him as He deserves to be approached—the worship isn't always there. Sometimes the submission is lacking, the confession scant, the shopping list preeminent.

Maybe I don't listen enough to hear His voice. Perhaps I don't stop long enough with Him to let His beauty settle on my face.

So it's not just wishing, wanting, desiring, coveting. Being green doesn't cut it. It's "Be still, and know that I am God" (Psalm 46:10, NIV). Not an 8 second sound bite, but a tithe of time given to being in God's presence.

Perhaps when I get that right I'll come down from my mountain with His glory on my face.

Comments

  1. Oh - I like the idea of a tithe of time. Great post, Lynda.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Staying Put and Moving On

The Case of the Pilfering Peacock

Worry Walks Alone