Ultimate "Name-Dropping"

Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved” —Acts 4:12, NIV.

Frederick Whitfield said it well:

There is a name I love to hear,
I love to sing its worth;
It sounds like music in my ear,
The sweetest name on earth.

It tells me of a Savior’s love,
Who died to set me free;
It tells me of His precious blood,
The sinner’s perfect plea.

It tells me what my Father hath
In store for every day
And tho’ I tread a darksome path,
Yields sunshine all the way.

It tells of One whose loving heart
Can feel my deepest woe,
Who in each sorrow bears a part
That none can bear below.

Refrain:
O how I love Jesus!
O how I love Jesus!
O how I love Jesus,
Because He first loved me!


Embrace that Name. Hold it close to your heart. Place it foremost in your mind. Keep it on the tip of your tongue. Whisper it frequently in reverence and love. Shout it when you can. Sing it with joy. Share it at every opportunity. And trust in its Owner with everything you are and have.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Staying Put and Moving On

The Case of the Pilfering Peacock

Worry Walks Alone