How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them! Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand…
—Psalm 139:17, 18
A Promise for Today
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
A picture is worth a thousand words. Couple the picture with the
promise and we have a winning combination. Great picture, fantastic
promise! God is good.
I recently searched local church websites looking for Christmas Eve services. Feeling a little like I was playing the role of the Grinch, I wanted to find services that didn't involve some kind of performance with children, or for them. An odd thing to do when all the world knows that Christmas is for kids, right? Please don't misunderstand. I was the little girl in the red velvet dress who recited her parts in every Christmas pageant. I loved it—and I still enjoy seeing the kids participate in their Christmas programs. But, if memory serves, our Kids' Christmas programs were never on Christmas Eve. That moment was dedicated to THE Kid—the Holy Child. That was my goal in my website search—find a traditional Christmas Eve service whose focus is strictly on one Child rather than on the cuteness of other children. Because Christmas is about one Child. " The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and on...
Pixabay They are referred to, and not always very kindly, as "ambulance-chasers"—you know, the lawyers who offer to get you a big payout when you feel you have been mistreated, or misrepresented, in some way. "Sue" is a three-letter word that lights up the eyes of lawyers, raises the hopes of victims, real or imaginary, and is a thorn in the flesh to those on its receiving end. Peter weighs in on victimology, specifically in the case of those who work for others, in 1 Peter 2:18-23. In his day that meant "slaves"—those who were obligated to work without compensation and often under harsh conditions. Many modern-day employees, rightly or wrongly, think of themselves in the same terms as the real slaves of Peter's day would have thought of themselves.—underpaid, overworked, abused, unappreciated, overlooked. For the believers to whom Peter is addressing his letter there might have been another item added to that list—persecuted for the...
Welcome to Word-Filled Wednesday hosted by Susan at Forever His . Take a look, and be inspired by pictures and the verses of Scripture that make them live. I took a long walk on Monday. The air was filled with the sweet smells of honeysuckle and lilac—the smell of spring. Spring is a sensory illustration of God's promise to bring new life where there was only death, to bring abundance where there was only emptiness. The trees of spring remind me of the promise of Psalm 138:8, NIV: " The Lord will fulfill his purpose for me; your love, O Lord, endures forever — do not abandon the works of your hands ."
Comments
Post a Comment